Magnesium Chloride Flakes
Magnesium is an essential building block of many of our body’s processes, including healthy heart function, immune response, brain and nerve function, blood pressure and regulation of over 300 essential enzymes that function within our cells. It serves as the ‘oil’ that keeps these and many other critical functions running smoothly.
A key component for good health
The power of magnesium in the body lies in it being a key component in so many aspects of our health. Magnesium is critical for heart health as it lubricates and facilitates heart function. The pancreas needs magnesium for insulin production which controls the body’s blood sugar levels. Magnesium stimulates the movement of oxygen in the blood, and also stimulates the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which is a chemical source of energy for our bodies.
Changes in our food supply over the past several decades have left most of us deficient in magnesium, with studies estimating up to 90% of people. Magnesium Chloride Flakes are a much richer source of magnesium than Epsom Salts. Bathing regularly with Magnesium Chloride Flakes is an optimal way to gradually replenish the body’s cellular magnesium levels.
The skin is the most effective way for the body to absorb magnesium, known as transdermal therapy. Transdermal therapy allows the body to rapidly absorb a substance into the bloodstream for fast and effective benefit at a cellular level. A therapeutic bath with Magnesium Chloride Flakes can help soothe sore muscles, detoxify the body, calm the mind and relieve stress.
Benefits of Magnesium Chloride Flakes
Using Magnesium Chloride Flakes in your bath to restore your body’s natural magnesium levels can have significant benefits for muscles, heart health and stress levels.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain, muscle cramps, muscle soreness and knots, especially post-workout
- Relief from stress, headaches and insomnia. Excess adrenaline caused by stress is believed to deplete magnesium. The body uses magnesium to bind serotonin in the brain, a mood-elevating chemical that helps create a feeling of wellbeing and calm
- Detoxifying the body of toxins and increasing absorption of nutrients. Healthy cell walls naturally favour intake of nutrients while eliminating waste and heavy metals, which can help to ease muscle pain
- Improved use of insulin in the body which can reduce the occurrence and severity of diabetes
- Improved heart health, lowering blood pressure, relieving arrhythmias, reducing blood clots and preventing the blood vessels from constricting which can help prevent strokes and heart attacks.
Using Magnesium Chloride Flakes in the bath
Dissolve two or more cups of Magnesium Chloride Flakes in a warm bath and soak for at least 20-30 minutes to allow the body to absorb the magnesium. The longer you spend in a Magnesium Chloride bath, the more magnesium your skin can absorb as it softens. To get optimum benefit, avoid rinsing off afterwards as the magnesium will continue to be absorbed into the skin. If you are using a high quantity of Magnesium Chloride Flakes or have sensitive skin, rinse off afterwards to avoid irritation. At least 2-3 baths per week will provide optimal results.
Half a cup of Magnesium Chloride Flakes can also make an effective foot bath to help relieve aching feet after a long day.
Combining different types of Bath Salts in your bath can be an effective way of enjoying multiple health benefits.
If you are pregnant or have any health concerns, check with your doctor first.